SINCE THE HOOSIER LOTTERY’S INCEPTION IN OCTOBER 1989
THROUGH JUNE 30, 2017:
- Total Payments to Winners: $12.2 Billion
- Total Payments to Retailers: $1.3 Billion
- Total Transfers to the State of Indiana: $5.3 Billion
- Total to Build Indiana Fund: $3.9 Billion
- Total to Teachers' Retirement Fund: $827.6 Million
- Total to local police and firefighters' pensions: $639.7 Million
- Total to Help America Vote Act**: $1.8 Million
All financial figures based on Fiscal Year 2017.
**In Fiscal Year 2004, the Hoosier Lottery contributed $1.8 million to the Help America Vote Act.
BE AN INFORMED PLAYER…KNOW YOUR GAME…KNOW YOUR LIMIT…PLAY WITHIN IT!
It is important to remember that lottery games are based on random outcomes. These games of chance are a form of entertainment, at a price to you, the player.
Depending on which game you play, your odds of winning vary. Due to the random nature of lottery games, it’s unlikely to predict what combination of numbers will be drawn and overall odds for scratch off games apply to the total number of tickets printed for a particular game, not to a consecutive string of tickets. There is nothing you can do to improve your chances of winning, but you can decide how much to spend. Click Here to Learn More