- Sign your card immediately when you receive it in the mail.
- Carry only the cards you expect to use, and keep them secure.
- Keep a list of account and telephone numbers for your card issuers in case your cards are lost or stolen. Once you report the loss or theft, you will not be liable for unauthorized charges.
- Notify your card issuer(s) in advance if you have a change of address.
- Notify your card issuer(s) in advance if you plan to travel outside the us and use the credit card.
- Use only reputable companies with secure websites for online shopping.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.