Crews were called to the 1000 block of West Michigan street just after 8:00 in the morning. Firefighters quickly got flames under control. However, strong winds helped it spread quickly throughout the house and even damaged the siding of the home next door.
The family got out safely. They say they believe a young child playing with a space heater might have caused the fire. That is still under investigation.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.