Child May be to Blame for House Fire

Evansville Firefighters say it appears a child is to blame for a morning house fire.

Crews were called to the 1000 block of West Michigan street just after 8:00 in the morning. Firefighters quickly got flames under control. However, strong winds helped it spread quickly throughout the house and even damaged the siding of the home next door.

The family got out safely. They say they believe a young child playing with a space heater might have caused the fire. That is still under investigation.



More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Community Calendar
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Dr. Oz Wellness Network
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Tristate Professionals
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Video Center