Crews Say Stove Pipe Starts Fire in Downtown Evansville

Published 02/11 2014 06:40PM

Updated 02/11 2014 06:41PM

Firefighters battled an afternoon blaze near downtown. Crews were called to the 400 block of Second St. just after 1 p.m.

Fire officials say an upstairs wood burner stove pipe caught fire and spread to the roof. But we're told the house only suffered minor damage.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


.