Nestle announces recalls of two Hot Pockets products following a meat recall notice by the Rancho Feeding Corporation.
The recall is limited to Hot Pockets brand Philly Steak and Cheese in three different pack sizes and Hot Pockets brand Croissant Crust Philly Steak and Cheese, in the two pack box.
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Rancho Feeding Corporation recalled 8.7 million pound of beef products last week because "it processed diseased and unsound animals and carried out these activities without the benefit or full benefit of federal inspection."
"That's just over a year's worth of meat products processed by Rancho Feeding Corp., which has been under scrutiny by the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service," according to The Associated Press.
The agency said that without full inspection, the recalled products are unfit for human consumption.
The following products are included in this recall:
Hot Pocket Philly Steak & Cheese, 9 oz., UPC4369507107, Batch numbers:
- 3021544512 with a best before date of March 2014
- 3029544512 with a best before date of March 2014
- 3197544512 with a best before date of September 2014
- 3240544512 with a best before date of October 2014
Hot Pocket Croissant Crust Philly Steak & Cheese, 9 oz., UPC 4369505634, Batch numbers:
- 3211544512 with a best before date of September 2014
- 3248544512 with a best before date of November 2014
- 3283544512 with a best before date of December 2014
Hot Pocket Philly Steak & Cheese, 54 oz., UPC 4369507520, Batch numbers:
- 3022544513 with a best before date of March 2014
- 3191544512 with a best before date of September 2014
- 3224544512 with a best before date of October 2014
- 3254544512 with a best before date of November 2014
- 3268544512 with a best before date of November 2014
The USDA notes that no illnesses have been reported in relation to the Rancho Feeding recall.
Consumers who may have purchased the affected batches of the Hot Pockets should not consume the product, but instead should return it to the place of purchase for a full refund or contact Nestlé Consumer Services at 800-392-4057.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.