E-Cigarette Battery Explodes in Man's Pants at Owensboro Gas Station

We've heard reports of exploding e-cigarettes before, but surveillance video from a gas station in Owensboro caught the event on camera.

The incident happened this weekend at the Shell gas station on New Hartford Road.

You can see a man, Josh Hamilton, standing at the counter, when all of a sudden his pants burst into flames, sparks shooting across the store.

Hamilton then runs outside and takes off his pants. Bystanders tried to help, when someone finally uses a fire extinguisher.

Hamiltion posted on his Facebook he suffered third degree burns. He tells Eyewitness News it was a spare battery that burst into flames.
 


Hurricane Harvey Red Cross Donations

More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Home Team Friday
  • Community Calendar
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Tristate Professionals
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Dr. Oz Wellness Network
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Connect with US
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Video Center