The Kentucky State Police charged a man after they say he attempted to flee and evade troopers.
On Friday night, James Morgan, 65, of Dawson Springs was reportedly traveling 105 mph in a 55 mph zone on KY 62.
We are told when authorities issued a traffic stop, Morgan refused and attempted to flee.
Authorities say Morgan was then involved in a crash at the intersection of KY 62 and KY 112.
They say Morgan fled the scene and continued to travel eastbound on KY 112 where he then reportedly lost control of his vehicle and collided into a garage.
Morgan was finally apprehended and transported to Baptist Health Emergency Department by Hopkins County EMS where he was admitted for injuries sustained in the crash.
Morgan was charged with the following offenses:
- Speeding 26 mph or more over the limit
- Reckless driving
- Fleeing or evading police, 1st degree (motor vehicle)
- DUI, 2nd offense (aggravating circumstance)
- Driving DUI suspended license
- Resisting arrest
- Assault, 3rd degree (police officer)
- Failure to wear seatbelt
- Fleeing or evading police, 1st degree (on foot)
A mugshot for Morgan has not been provided at this time.
GOBBLE, GOBBLE! Don't leave your bird in the icebox for too long.…