Local News

OFD responds to garage explosion

The Owensboro Fire Department says crews responded to an explosion in the 300 block of Raintree Dr. Friday.

The report came around 10:28 a.m.

A detached garage had the bottom of its walls blown out about 18 inches and the garage door was damaged, according to firefighters.

Utilities to the garage were isolated so the house could remain with heat.

There were no injuries.

The fire department said gasoline fumes found an ignition source, causing an initial flash that then damaged a natural gas heater and caused a secondary explosion.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the Tri-State, follow Eyewitness News on Facebook and Twitter.

(This story was originally published on Jan. 12, 2017)


More Stories

Video Center