Indiana University plans to clean and replace hundreds of moldy convector units where hot and cold air come into the rooms.
But for residents of one dorm, it can't happen fast enough.
Students living in McNutt Hall say the mold problem is so bad, everyone they know is getting sick.
However, the university checked the mold level and determined students could stay in their rooms during the clean up.
One students says what she discovered in her room was so disgusting, she checked into a hotel for 10 days.
The university says the remediation process has begun and approximately 900 units are affected.
The university says it's trying to get everything done as quickly as possible.