A house explosion in Carmi, Illinois leaves two people burned.
Carmi Police Chief Jason Carter tells us it happened around 6:30 Tuesday night at 1310 Gilpin Street.
Authorities say it appeared to be a natural gas explosion.
A 36 year old man and 25 year old woman inside the home were burned when it happened. We are told they were airlifted to a St. Louis hospital for treatment.
Authorities say the man told them he smelled the gas earlier in the day but didn't call the utility company until about 6:20 Tuesday evening.
There was reportedly someone from the utility company in the driveway at the time of the house explosion.
Carmi Fire Department responded to the explosion.
The Illinois State Fire Marshall is investigating the situation.
We will keep you updated.
(This story was originally published July 19, 2017)
A manhunt is underway for the suspect in a mass shooting at the…
A beautiful day is turned into a beautiful evening in downtown Henderson.
The first ever Bacon, Beer and Burger Festival was held at Court…