The major food allergens come from just 8 foods:
· tree nuts
Warning signs of a food allergy:
· tingling or itching in the mouth, nose, or throat
· swelling of the lips face, tongue or throat
· nasal congestion or trouble breathing
· feeling faint, dizzy or lightheaded
· a sense of impending doom
Dr. Clifford Bassett, an allergist based in New York City, discussed the surprising results of the survey, tips for recognizing the signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis, and how parents and caregivers can nominate their child for the Ready2Go Draft.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.