National News

Anderson girl, 3, dies from overheating after being left in hot car

ANDERSON, Ind. (WISH) -- A 3-year-old Anderson girl died Sunday from complications from overheating after being left in a hot car for about two hours, authorities said.

Hannah Grace Miller was found unresponsive inside a vehicle shortly before 6 p.m. Sunday in the 1700 block of West 10th Street. Police confirmed that a family member tried to revive the child, but the 3-year-old died at St. Vincent Anderson Hospital.

The Madison County coroner confirmed the cause of death in a Monday autopsy, but added that toxicology tests are pending.

Anderson police said preliminary information showed the child was in the car two hours before she was found. 

Police declined to release information on how the child was found or the circumstances, including whether the parents had been shopping prior to the child being found dead when they returned home. The investigation was ongoing. 

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the Tri-State, follow Eyewitness News on Facebook and Twitter.

(This story was originally published on June 4, 2018)


More Stories

Trending Stories

Video Center