Neighbor Helps Woman Escape Deadly Blaze

-

One person is dead after an early morning house fire in Santa Claus.

Indiana State Fire Marshals said the fire at Christmas Lake Village was accidental and may have started after a cigarette was dropped. Bryan Gregory, 65, was unable to escape the home, but his wife, Maureen, was able to get out with the help of Tricia Vaal. Vaal was on her way to work when she saw the smoke.

The Spencer County Coroner said an autopsy is scheduled for Saturday morning.  


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Community Calendar
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Dr. Oz Wellness Network
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Tristate Professionals
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Video Center