Boonville Fire Caused by Electrical Malfunction

An electrical malfunction is to blame for a Boonville fire that sent one firefighter to the hospital.
The fire happened Sunday at a home in the 2000 block of Long Road, just off South Yankeetown Road.
Assistant Fire Chief Steven Byers of the Boonville Fire Department says the electrical malfunction took place in the home's garage.
Byers says the homeowner and 2 children were able to get out of the home safely.
One firefighter was taken to the hospital for a heat-related heart attack. 
Byers says he is now doing fine and is expected to make a full recovery.

More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Community Calendar
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Dr. Oz Wellness Network
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Tristate Professionals
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Video Center