Firefighters Recover from Intense Heat Exposure

Published 07/14 2014 11:46AM

Updated 07/14 2014 11:49AM

2 Henderson Firefighters are out of the hospital this morning after being treated for heat exhaustion.
They were battling a fire at a vacant home in the 1300 block of Powell Street yesterday morning.
When crews arrived the flames were billowing through the roof and around the chimney. 
In addition to the fire itself, crews had to battle the intense heat and humidity. 
Assistant Fire Chief, Jerry Vandenbrook compared the gear firefighters wear to being inside of a sauna whhile fighting a fire.
Investigators have determined the fire started in the bathroom, even though the home didn't have electricity or gas.
Officials say it does look like somebody had been living there, because they found a bed.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Featured Coupon