Fireworks Blamed For Destruction of Elderly Home

Published 07/07 2014 12:47PM

Updated 07/07 2014 12:51PM

Fireworks are to blame for a blaze that destroyed a senior home in Emporia, Kansas.
It started just before midnight Friday at the Sterling House.
The facility, which houses 21 residents, was destroyed.
Everyone made it out of the burning building safely.
Investigators pinned the cause on improper disposal of lit fireworks.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Featured Coupon


Featured Business