Schnute Apartments Fire

Published 03/22 2014 06:54PM

Updated 03/22 2014 07:31PM

Evansville firefighters respond to an overnight fire on the 6th floor of the Schnute Apartments.
 
The fire broke out between one and two this morning.
   
Investigators tell us a tenant fell asleep with a candle burning, causing curtains and a chair to catch fire.

Two other tenants tried to put out the fire and were both later taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
   
We're told the 6th floor was evacuated for about 20 minutes.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


.