Schnute Apartments Fire

- Evansville firefighters respond to an overnight fire on the 6th floor of the Schnute Apartments.
 
The fire broke out between one and two this morning.
   
Investigators tell us a tenant fell asleep with a candle burning, causing curtains and a chair to catch fire.

Two other tenants tried to put out the fire and were both later taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
   
We're told the 6th floor was evacuated for about 20 minutes.


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Community Calendar
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Dr. Oz Wellness Network
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Tristate Professionals
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • JPD Charges Two With Theft
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • HPD Officers Sworn in Friday
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Official Oscars Challenge Challenging Fans
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Video Center