The Vanderburgh County Sheriff's Office wants to make sure everyone enjoys the fair. They ask fairgoers to respect marked boundaries and warning signs. Remember to stay hydrated and avoid direct sunlight for extended periods.
And the potential for storms will exist at this year's fair, please be aware of the dangers of lightning. The Sheriff's Office asks you to pay attention to the fair's public address system for warnings and instructions. Remember: The safest place to be in a lightning storm is inside your car with the windows closed or inside a structure. Do not stand under a tree or touch any conductive surfaces (e.g. leaning against a building or sitting on grandstand bleachers).
Many of the events at the 4H Fair feature off-highway vehicles that are not equipped with mufflers. The sound can easily exceed 115 decibels. At this level, hearing damage can result in less than 30 minutes of exposure. The Sheriff's Office says if you are planning on attending events at the 4H arena, bring adequate hearing protection for yourselves and your children.
A contingent of Sheriff's deputies and Scott Township Fire Department firefighters and paramedics will be present throughout the fairgrounds to address any security and safety concerns. The Indiana State Police will be providing traffic control on US 41.
General Fair Rules:
- Coolers and backpacks are subject to inspection.
- No glass containers are permitted.
- The sale or consumption of alcoholic beverages on fair grounds is not allowed.
- No fireworks are permitted.
- Skateboards or roller skates are prohibited on property.
- All livestock must remain in their designated areas.
- All animals (including dogs) must be on a leash at all times.
- Loose fliers may not be placed on windshields of motor vehicles.
- Parking is only allowed in designated areas.
- Please follow the instructions of 4H fair staff members.
For a list of events at the 4H Fair, click here.
German lawmakers will decide Friday whether to legalize same-sex…
Australia is becoming older and more diverse -- both culturally and…
Swedish hostage Johan Gustafsson, who had been held captive for six…