High school football has returned to Wood Memorial.
Last summer, the Trojans football program was flipped upside down due to hazing allegations that resulted in eleven students suspended, one expelled and the entire 2016 season canceled.
However, the Trojans will be back playing on Friday nights this fall, and they'll be doing so under new head coach Bret Kramer and his 18-man roster.
"I think we're making the best situation out of an unfortunate situation with the numbers," said Kramer.
"But we're going to persevere, we're going to be ok."
Kramer's 18-man roster will only feature two seniors, but they're determined to put everything that happened last year in the rear view mirror.
"Stuff happened last year but that's all wiped away, that's nothing to us anymore," said senior Mason Williams.
The Trojans will not being playing a full nine-game regular season schedule in 2017.
Instead, Wood Memorial will play a six-game slate, starting with a matchup against Rock Creek Academy on September 1st.
(Published: August 9, 2017)
The NFL is attempting to shoot down rumors that Jay Z turned the…
Three-time Olympic gold medalist Gabby Douglas has become the third…
Larry Nassar, the former acclaimed USA Gymnastics team doctor,…