Crews Respond to Early Morning Fire at Moonlight Bar-B-Q

An early morning grease fire didn't keep Moonlite Bar-B-Q closed today.
An early morning grease fire didn't keep Moonlite Bar-B-Q closed today.

Owensboro firefighters were called out just after 4 a.m. to one of the restaurant's pit rooms. Crews were able to contain the fire quickly.

The restaurant's owner says it started while workers were cooking bar-b-q.

"Everything's back to speed," said Ken Bosley. "It'll just take a little extra work to wipe everything down, get rid of the smoke."

"It's lucky that they keep somebody with it at all times to watch the pits," said Fire Chief Steve Mitchell, "exactly for this reason."

Fire officials say no one was injured.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

"Like" Eyewitness News on Facebook to get realtime local news updates in your Facebook feed!

Follow Eyewitness News on Twitter to get up to the minute local news coverage in your timeline!

Find local businesses, restaurants, classifieds, and activities happing across the Tristate!

Sign up here to receive mobile alerts for school closings, severe weather, and more!

Share your photos and videos with the Eyewitness News team!