Boonville Fire Caused by Electrical Malfunction

An electrical malfunction is to blame for a Boonville fire that sent one firefighter to the hospital.
An electrical malfunction is to blame for a Boonville fire that sent one firefighter to the hospital.
The fire happened Sunday at a home in the 2000 block of Long Road, just off South Yankeetown Road.
Assistant Fire Chief Steven Byers of the Boonville Fire Department says the electrical malfunction took place in the home's garage.
Byers says the homeowner and 2 children were able to get out of the home safely.
One firefighter was taken to the hospital for a heat-related heart attack. 
Byers says he is now doing fine and is expected to make a full recovery.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

"Like" Eyewitness News on Facebook to get realtime local news updates in your Facebook feed!

Follow Eyewitness News on Twitter to get up to the minute local news coverage in your timeline!

Find local businesses, restaurants, classifieds, and activities happing across the Tristate!

Sign up here to receive mobile alerts for school closings, severe weather, and more!

Share your photos and videos with the Eyewitness News team!