Child May be to Blame for House Fire

Evansville Firefighters say it appears a child is to blame for a morning house fire.
Evansville Firefighters say it appears a child is to blame for a morning house fire.

Crews were called to the 1000 block of West Michigan street just after 8:00 in the morning. Firefighters quickly got flames under control. However, strong winds helped it spread quickly throughout the house and even damaged the siding of the home next door.

The family got out safely. They say they believe a young child playing with a space heater might have caused the fire. That is still under investigation.


Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

"Like" Eyewitness News on Facebook to get realtime local news updates in your Facebook feed!

Follow Eyewitness News on Twitter to get up to the minute local news coverage in your timeline!

Find local businesses, restaurants, classifieds, and activities happing across the Tristate!

Sign up here to receive mobile alerts for school closings, severe weather, and more!

Share your photos and videos with the Eyewitness News team!