Firefighters Recover from Intense Heat Exposure

2 Henderson Firefighters are out of the hospital this morning after being treated for heat exhaustion.
2 Henderson Firefighters are out of the hospital this morning after being treated for heat exhaustion.
They were battling a fire at a vacant home in the 1300 block of Powell Street yesterday morning.
When crews arrived the flames were billowing through the roof and around the chimney. 
In addition to the fire itself, crews had to battle the intense heat and humidity. 
Assistant Fire Chief, Jerry Vandenbrook compared the gear firefighters wear to being inside of a sauna whhile fighting a fire.
Investigators have determined the fire started in the bathroom, even though the home didn't have electricity or gas.
Officials say it does look like somebody had been living there, because they found a bed.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

"Like" Eyewitness News on Facebook to get realtime local news updates in your Facebook feed!

Follow Eyewitness News on Twitter to get up to the minute local news coverage in your timeline!

Find local businesses, restaurants, classifieds, and activities happing across the Tristate!

Sign up here to receive mobile alerts for school closings, severe weather, and more!

Share your photos and videos with the Eyewitness News team!