Madisonville Restaurant Destroyed After Early Morning Fire

China Jade in Madisonville burned to the ground early Saturday morning.

A restaurant in Madisonville burned to the ground early Saturday morning.

Madisonville Fire Department Major Darwin Rideout said crews began battling the fire at China Jade offensively and sent firefighters into the restaurant. But, Rideout said their strategy quickly changed to defense after they realized the extent of the blaze and the roof began collapsing.

Rideout said the owners are ‘pretty distraught.’

A state fire marshal will be in Madisonville on Monday to investigate. 

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

"Like" Eyewitness News on Facebook to get realtime local news updates in your Facebook feed!

Follow Eyewitness News on Twitter to get up to the minute local news coverage in your timeline!

Find local businesses, restaurants, classifieds, and activities happing across the Tristate!

Sign up here to receive mobile alerts for school closings, severe weather, and more!

Share your photos and videos with the Eyewitness News team!