Neighbor Helps Woman Escape Deadly Blaze

Bryan Gregory, 65, was unable to escape the home, but his wife, Maureen, was able to get out with the help of a neighbor.

One person is dead after an early morning house fire in Santa Claus.

Indiana State Fire Marshals said the fire at Christmas Lake Village was accidental and may have started after a cigarette was dropped. Bryan Gregory, 65, was unable to escape the home, but his wife, Maureen, was able to get out with the help of Tricia Vaal. Vaal was on her way to work when she saw the smoke.

The Spencer County Coroner said an autopsy is scheduled for Saturday morning.  

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

"Like" Eyewitness News on Facebook to get realtime local news updates in your Facebook feed!

Follow Eyewitness News on Twitter to get up to the minute local news coverage in your timeline!

Find local businesses, restaurants, classifieds, and activities happing across the Tristate!

Sign up here to receive mobile alerts for school closings, severe weather, and more!

Share your photos and videos with the Eyewitness News team!