Schnute Apartments Fire

A fire broke out over night on the 6th floor of Schnute Apartments.
Evansville firefighters respond to an overnight fire on the 6th floor of the Schnute Apartments.
 
The fire broke out between one and two this morning.
   
Investigators tell us a tenant fell asleep with a candle burning, causing curtains and a chair to catch fire.

Two other tenants tried to put out the fire and were both later taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
   
We're told the 6th floor was evacuated for about 20 minutes.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

"Like" Eyewitness News on Facebook to get realtime local news updates in your Facebook feed!

Follow Eyewitness News on Twitter to get up to the minute local news coverage in your timeline!

Find local businesses, restaurants, classifieds, and activities happing across the Tristate!

Sign up here to receive mobile alerts for school closings, severe weather, and more!

Share your photos and videos with the Eyewitness News team!