Furnace Blamed For Friday House Fire in Henderson County

Henderson firefighters say a furnace is likely to blame for a house fire early Friday morning.
Henderson firefighters say a furnace is likely to blame for a house fire early Friday morning.

Crews were called to the 67-hundred block of Highway 416 around 5:30 near Robards.

A passerby saw smoke and flames coming from the house.

When firefighters arrived, they quickly got the fire under control.  They say the furnace system on the west side of the house caught the outside wall on fire. 

Officials are warning everyone with the cold temepratures to be extra careful with electrical outlets and have your furnaces and chimneys checked.

Chief David Denton/Robards Community Fire Department: "Make sure everybody...try not to use very many extension cords if any at all because everybody is going to be using space heaters with this cold weather coming up, it's going to be a dangerous situation especially for firefighters I think."

Crews say there were earlier reports of electrical problems with the furnance.  Nobody was home at the time except for a dog, which was rescued.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

"Like" Eyewitness News on Facebook to get realtime local news updates in your Facebook feed!

Follow Eyewitness News on Twitter to get up to the minute local news coverage in your timeline!

Find local businesses, restaurants, classifieds, and activities happing across the Tristate!

Sign up here to receive mobile alerts for school closings, severe weather, and more!

Share your photos and videos with the Eyewitness News team!