A home in the 11000 block of East Bayview Court in Evansville was destroyed in a fire early Sunday morning.
Marrs Township Fire Chief Rick Williamson said the homeowners were asleep when a fire in the chimney traveled into the attic. He said the couple’s smoke detector never went off, but the woman woke up because she thought she heard something in the attic.
Williamson said five departments responded to the fire. A hydrant across the street from home didn’t have enough water pressure so firefighters used 1400 feet of hose to connect to a tank down the road.
We’re told the couple is staying with family.