We met with Don Davis and his wife, Shelly Dossett, at Deaconess Hospital today. Shelly is being treated for burns to her face and hands after her house exploded Saturday night. She says the last thing she remembers is lighting a cigarette in her room, and then a bright flash sent her flying through the bedroom wall.
Her husband, Don, says he was having trouble with the heater so he turned off the gas, and shortly after the explosion destroyed the house. He says despite Shelly's condition, she was able to go back into the house to check on the rest of her family.
"You want to talk about a true soldier," said Davis. "115 pound woman went through a wall, got up, run around, and come back in the house and made sure everybody else was out."
The Red Cross is assisting the family until they can make other arraingements.