More than 23,000 Evansville students grades K-12 returned to school Wednesday, August 14. If a cell phone is part of a child’s ability to connect with family and friends, there’s a new way to keep track of mobile device usage.
Mark Moesner will explain Verizon’s new FamilyBase service, which allows parents to:
· Monitor and limit calling, texting, app usage, and app purchases
· Review contact lists, setting trusted contacts for children to call and text
· Remotely lock a phone on demand
· Determine if the app is removed by an alert sent within 24 hours and provided instructions on how to reinstall
· Be notified if 911 was dialed from a child’s phone
· Know how much time users have been on social media applications like Facebook and Twitter and at what time of day
The cost to the parent or primary account holder is only $5.00 a month for up to 10 lines and the first month is free. Want a quick video view when it was announced at CES 2013? Here’s a video take from Laptop Magazine.