Four people are thankful to be alive after their home exploded Saturday night. It happened in the 3200 block of Highway 62 West in Posey County.
Don Davis, his wife, his nephew and his nephew's girlfriend were inside the home when it exploded. Davis said they were having trouble with the heater so they turned off the gas. Shortly after, his wife lit a cigarette and the home burst into flames.
Davis said his wife is at Deaconess Hospital with burn injuries.
The couple has five dogs and seven cats. One dog and five of the cats are still missing. Davis said he fears some of the cats died in the explosion.
The Red Cross is assisting the family. The fire is still under investigation.