Worker Taken to Hospital after Breathing Fumes

A worker is taken to the hospital after breathing in fumes at a septic cleaning company in Newburgh.
A worker is taken to the hospital after breathing in fumes at a septic cleaning company in Newburgh. Firefighters were called to Joe Beard & Sons on Prospect Dr.

The fire chief says an employee was cleaning a tank but wasn't wearing a required respiratory mask. Workers say he was overcome by fumes and had to be pulled out. He was taken to St. Mary's, but his injuries are not serious.

While inspecting the building, firefighters say they found issues with material storage and a possible leak.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

"Like" Eyewitness News on Facebook to get realtime local news updates in your Facebook feed!

Follow Eyewitness News on Twitter to get up to the minute local news coverage in your timeline!

Find local businesses, restaurants, classifieds, and activities happing across the Tristate!

Sign up here to receive mobile alerts for school closings, severe weather, and more!

Share your photos and videos with the Eyewitness News team!