WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) — Wake Forest beat Boston College 80-62 to snap a three-game ACC losing streak. Brandon Childress scored 20 points including 5-for-7 shooting from 3-point range, for the host Deacons.
Derryck Thornton scored 15 to lead the Eagles. Wake Forest 7-footer Olivier Sarr, who finished with 14 points and 13 rebounds, became the first Deacon to record a double-double in the first half since 2013.
BC, which never led, made only 6 of 29 (20.7%) of its 3-point shots.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UE rates top 30 in the nation according to LendEDU.
- Pier One files for bankruptcy after struggles with competition
- Lawmaker: Senate unable to confirm 3 university appointees
- ‘Vexit’: West Virginia Republicans encourage conservative Virginia counties to secede
- Daytona 500 live updates: Reigning champ Denny Hamlin in lead halfway through race