PITTSBURGH (AP) – Xavier Johnson scored seven of his 13 points in the final 3 minutes as Pittsburgh held off Miami 62-57.
Trey McGowens led Pitt (14-8, 5-6 Atlantic Coast Conference) with 17 points. Au’Diese Toney scored 15 points and grabbed a game-high 10 rebounds for the Panthers, who snapped a seven-game losing streak to the Hurricanes.
Rodney Miller tied a career-high with 16 points for Miami (11-10, 3-8).
Isaiah Wong added 15 points, Harlond Beverly chipped in 11 and DJ Vasiljevic scored 10 to go with nine rebounds.
However, the shorthanded Hurricanes lost for the fifth time in six games.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Palm Sunday services held without public; some on rooftops
- Naked man taken to hospital after reportedly forcing entry into apartment
- One new COVID-19 case in Union County, one death reported
- Surgeon general warns US of `saddest week’ and `9/11 moment’
- No COVID-19 testing at home yet but quicker options coming