RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – Reserve forward Jericole Hellems scored 16 points and sparked a second-half comeback to give N.C. State’s NCAA Tournament hopes a boost in a 77-73 win over Pittsburgh.
With N.C. State trailing 58-51, Hellems scored nine points in three minutes, including a 3-pointer from the baseline with 6:53 remaining that gave the Wolfpack its first lead of the game.
Pitt briefly regained the lead with two Eric Hamilton free throws, but the Wolfpack scored the next eight points to grab a seven-point lead and held on to win.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Baby on board: Tampa Bay woman gives birth on pontoon boat on 4th of July
- 103-year-old says 2020 has been the craziest year she’s seen
- Stimulus check update: Report says White House eyeing $1 trillion package
- Newsfeed Now: Woman gives birth on pontoon boat; Arkansas girl becomes hero
- US may ban TikTok and other Chinese social media, Pompeo says