CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) – Brandon Robinson scored a career-high 20 points and Roy Williams tied his mentor on the all-time wins list as North Carolina beat Yale 70-67.
Justin Pierce added 14 points for the Tar Heels in their final nonconference game of the regular season on Monday night.
Williams picked up his 879th career victory as a head coach, tying Dean Smith for the fourth-most in Division I men’s basketball history.
Williams worked as an assistant for Smith at North Carolina for 10 seasons from 1978-88.
Azar Swain’s 30-foot 3-point attempt misfired at the buzzer for Yale (10-4).
- New Evansville baseball league recruiting for spring season
- Colts’ notebook: Jonathan Taylor comes up with keepsake, 100 yards, win in Lucas Oil
- Colts overwhelm Vikings in statement game
- 72nd Emmy Awards: The Winners
- Wok N Roll restaurant not reopening