SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) – Freshman guard Cole Anthony scored 25 points, hitting a season-high seven 3-pointers, Garrison Brooks added 26 points and a career-high 14 rebounds, and North Carolina beat Syracuse 92-79.
Anthony led a second-half barrage from behind the arc as the Tar Heels hit 8 of 10 from behind the arc in the first 12 minutes to break open a close game.
Bourama Sidibe had 17 points and 15 rebounds and Buddy Boeheim had 22 points for the Orange, who had won two straight.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Mary Kay Letourneau, teacher jailed for raping student, dies
- Aces basketball not planning on-campus summer workouts
- A push for an Indiana justice reform task force
- Chick-fil-A opens on Evansville’s west side
- Vauhxx Booker’s attorney says FBI is investigating Lake Monroe incident as potential hate crime