WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) – Tomas Woldetensae scored a career-high 21 points and Virginia got a final-play defensive stop to beat Wake Forest 65-63 in overtime on Sunday.
Woldetensae scored all his points on seven 3-pointers, including the go-ahead 3 with 3:55 left in overtime.
Wake Forest had a final possession to tie, calling timeout with the ball with 8.2 seconds left. But Olivier Sarr tried a desperation contested drive and failed to even get off a tying shot off before the buzzer to end it.
Andrien White scored 21 points to lead the Demon Deacons.
Wake Forest was playing without their injured top scorer Brandon Childress.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 100 American Airlines flight attendants test positive for coronavirus
- Earl Graves Sr., founder of Black Enterprise magazine, dies
- Census sends paper forms to laggards as Midwest sets pace
- Masked crowds fill streets, trains after Wuhan lockdown ends
- Holcomb signs executive order allowing retired, inactive EMS professionals to help fight COVID-19