Everyday we depend on people to help make our lives easier, to make life more fun, and to help us get through the day. Do you have an Everyday Hero in your life? Now you can reward them with a chance to win great jewelry from The Diamond Galleria. It’s the Everyday Heroes contest from Eyewitness News. Click here to nominate a deserving person. Simply fill in your information and write a short paragraph detailing why your Everyday Hero should be our winner. Every other week a winner will be chosen and will win a great piece of jewelry from the Diamond Galleria. The person nominating and the winner must be willing to be on television. Winner must be 18 years of age or older. No purchase necessary to enter. Complete rules and regulations can be viewed below.
1. Sponsors. This Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by WEHT/WTVW/tristatehomepage.com (“Station(s)) and The Diamond Galleria. (“Sponsor(s)”). This Contest is void where taxed, restricted, or prohibited and is subject to all local, state, and federal laws. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s), which shall be final and not subject to appeal.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter. The Contest is open to legal U.S. citizens who reside within WEHT/WTVW viewing areas and who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Current or former employees of WEHT/WTVW, Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc., [Mission Broadcasting, Inc.,] the other Sponsors, the other television and radio stations and multichannel video programming distributors in the WEHT/WTVW viewing areas, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies (including anyone who prepares and/or distributes contest materials), and the immediate families or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of all the foregoing are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
Participants are eligible to win a WEHT/WTVW contest or sweepstakes only once every sixty (60) days. Only one winner per household is permitted in any contest or sweepstakes. Participants are eligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more only once every six months. Text, data, or messaging rates may apply.
3. Entry. This Contest will begin on Friday October 14th, 2016 at 5:00am and end on Thursday December 29th 2016 at 10:00am. To participate in the contest viewers are asked to visit tristatehomepage.com and click on the Everyday Heroes link in the main navigation or by clinking on any Everyday Heroes link posted on the Eyewitness Facebook feed. Entrants must include their name, phone number, city, and e-mail address in order to enter. The name of the Everyday Hero being nominated and a paragraph as to why they are deserving of recognition must also be included to be eligible to win. Submissions will be reviewed and the bi-weekly winner will be selected based on the compelling story submitted, Winnwes will be contacted on Thursday mornings for the duration of the contest and will have 24 hours to confirm participation in the Everyday Heroes segment the following week. One contest winner every other week chosen based on information included in the submission. Incomplete entries will not be considered. Entries will be considered throughout the duration of the contest. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for technical or computer failures, telephone service outages, delays, equipment malfunctions, busy signals, hang-ups, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, or late, lost, failed, illegible, incomplete, garbled or deleted entries, transmissions, or voicemails or other network or technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or online entry, or for printing errors in any advertisement, entry form, or the rules.
Any automated or computer-generated entries, fake or duplicate identities, spam, or improper techniques (as determined by Sponsor(s)) will be disqualified. Any questions regarding the validity, completeness, or number of entries submitted by an individual or the identity of the authorized account holder of an e-mail address, phone number, or social media profile shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion. The Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant who acts in a disruptive, harassing, vulgar, or unsportsmanlike manner, as determined by the Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If the Sponsor(s) determine(s), in its/their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Contest (electronic or otherwise) or if technical difficulties (e.g. infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor(s)) compromise the security, fairness, integrity or administration of the Contest, the Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to void the entries at issue and/or modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing to award the prize among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted online at tristethomepage.com. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Contest or website or violates the Official Rules of the Contest. Entries not conforming to announced entry specifications will not be acknowledged or returned.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVLI LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE OR SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
4. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Prize(s). There will be 6 winner(s), winners will be chosen on 10/20, 11/3, 11/17, 12/1, 12/15, and 12/29 at 10am. The person nominating the Everyday Hero will have 24 hours to confirm their participation in the Everyday Heroes segment, and to provide the station with contact information for their nominated hero. The individual that will be receiving the prize and title of Everyday Hero will be notified on Friday by 11:00am and has 24 hours to confirm their participation in the Everyday Heroes segment on the following Thursday. Each nominated winner of the Everyday Hero contest will receive a prize from The Diamond Galleria. If either the person who nominated the Everyday Hero or the individual that is chosen as the Everyday Hero, does not confirm their participation within 24 hours then another bi-weekly winner will be chosen.
Approximate retail value of the prize ranges from $250-$500 which will be awarded to the receiving individual – Everyday Hero. Entrant(s) can win only once. Entrants may be able to enter or receive additional entries via the social media websites by following the instructions to enter.
All results are unofficial until winner(s) is/are verified by the Sponsor(s). Prizes may not be exchanged, substituted, transferred or redeemed for other prizes by winner. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute for prize. Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use, and the Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for defective prizes. The Sponsor(s) make(s) no representations or warranties with respect to the prize(s), including merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to substitute a prize in their sole discretion without an on-air or off-air announcement, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Acceptance of a prize releases the Station, the other Sponsor(s) and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
6. Conditions for Acceptance of the Prize(s). The winner(s) must claim the prize(s) in-person at the Sponsors location, located at 6245 Vogel Rd, Evansville Indiana 47715, during regular business hours. Prize(s) will not be mailed under any circumstances. The winner(s) must claim the prize(s) on the following Thursday date, which will be given at time of entry confirmation or it/they will be forfeited. Winner(s) will be required to provide a valid government issued photo identification card and to execute an affidavit of eligibility and publicity and liability release prior to receiving their prize(s). The Station may require the winner’s guests, invitees, or travel companions to sign liability releases prior to receiving the prize. The winner must agree to allow the use of their photo and to have the gift presentation filmed for public use by the Station. All unclaimed or rejected prizes will be forfeited. Failure by the winner(s) to respond to the Station’s messages, calls, e-mails or other notification will lead to forfeiture of the prize(s). Failure to completely fill out and sign all waivers, releases, or forms requested by the Station will result in forfeiture of the prize(s). The Station then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to another winner using the method described above. A winner who forfeits any prize is not eligible to win another contest conducted by the Station for thirty (30) days.
Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner(s) and the winner(s) may receive a W-9, IRS Form 1099, or equivalent from the Sponsor(s). The Sponsor(s) will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) is/are required to fill out any tax forms requested by the Sponsor(s) in order to receive their prize(s).
Unless otherwise stated above, Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all license and registration fees, accommodations, transportation costs, gratuities and all other items of an incidental nature. All expenses on receipt and use of prize(s) are the sole responsibility of the winner(s), and the Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for any weather changes or extenuating circumstances relating to a prize received. Specific travel dates and arrangements may be subject to restrictions and availability. The Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for events that are delayed or canceled. All delays and cancellations are deemed beyond the control of the Sponsor(s). This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, trip schedule changes, flight cancellations, changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, game cancellations and delays, as well as all acts of nature. The Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for any expenses incurred by Contest winners as a result of such delays or cancellations. Sponsor(s) will not replace items that are lost or stolen. Sponsor(s) will not be responsible for failure to supply the prize(s) by reason of force majeure events, such as acts of God, war, terrorist attacks, unusually severe weather, labor strikes, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor(s).
By accepting the prize, the winner or winners (or, in the case of a minor, their parent/legal guardian) agree to have their name, voice, likeness, biographical information, and entry materials used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, and in any media whatsoever, including the Station and on tristatehomepage.com, for any purpose whatsoever, worldwide, in perpetuity, without any further authorization or compensation to the entrant.
7. Social Media. For contests or sweepstakes conducted on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, iHeartRadio, or any other social media website (each a “Social Media Site” and collectively the “Social Media Sites”) Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to remove any entrant from consideration for failure to abide by the guidelines, policies, or procedures of the Social Media Site, and to delete or remove any of entrant’s related “Likes,” comments, posts, tweets, videos, photos, user generated content, or other electronic messages, communications, or submissions at its/their discretion. Sponsor(s) also reserve(s) the right to block, ignore, report, and/or completely prevent any entrant, account, user, or profile from accessing the Contest and/or the Sponsor(s) profile(s), account(s), website(s), blog(s) or handle(s). This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Social Media Sites. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold the Social Media Sites harmless from any or all claims, liability, damages, judgments, fines, costs, expenses related to or associated with their participation in this Contest. Entrants understand that by logging-in to the applicable Social Media Site, that they agree to comply with the Social Media Sites’ Terms of Service, and that their personal information is subject to the Privacy Policies and information collection practices of the Social Media Site. Entrants agree that the Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for the collection, disclosure, transfer, or dissemination of their personal information, whether directly or indirectly, by third party advertisers, marketers, or any other transferees. For entries submitted through the Social Media Sites, the Sponsor(s) may be limited to using the information in a manner set forth by the Social Media Sites and in no other way.
8. Limitation on Liability. Sponsor(s) disclaim(s) all liabilities to the winner(s) with respect to receipt and use of the prize(s). Winners and their guests or travel companions, by acceptance of their prize(s), agree to release and hold the Sponsor(s) and its/their affiliated companies, their advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from any and all liability, claims, causes of actions, damages, fines, and costs of any kind whatsoever (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which may be sustained directly or indirectly to persons or property in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any Contest- or prize-related activity.
9 Reservation of Rights. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to make changes to these Official Rules in their sole discretion which will become effective upon announcement. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to modify, cancel, or terminate this Contest in order to comply with the law or for any other reason whatsoever in the event that it cannot be run or administered as intended by the Sponsor(s). Any such changes or termination will be announced on tristatehomepage.com.
10. Contact Information. If you have a question about this Contest, please contact the Station at 800-879-8542 and 800 Marywood Drive, Henderson, Kentucky 42420. For a copy of these rules, addendum, and/or list of winners please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WEHT/WTVW within sixty (60) days of the end of this Contest.