CHICAGO (AP) — State figures show that recreational marijuana sales in Illinois total more than $300 million since the start of the year.
The Illinois Department of Finance and Professional Regulation and New Frontier Data reported that July cannabis sales were the highest of the year at $61 million. That number is up from 47.6 million in June and 44.3 million in May.
The Chicago Tribune reported that one reason for the increase in sales could be the customer’s ability to order online, which many dispensaries started to keep lines down.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the
Tri-State, follow Eyewitness News on Facebook and Twitter.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 16, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Showplace Entertainment Center partnering with local non-profits for the month of October
- Birdseye man arrested for threatening to “blow up” the Perry County Clerk’s Office
- Webster County football coach facing drug charges
- Military museum in Vincennes gets a new exhibit
- New information on Jackson St. arson