MADISON CO, Il (WEHT) Tia M. Taylor of Alton, Illinois has been indicted by a federal grand jury and charged with one count of theft of mail by a postal service employee.
According to the indictment, in July Taylor stole four packages addressed to Godfrey residents from the Godfrey post office, where she worked as a clerk.
Her arraignment is scheduled for October 8.
Taylor is the second postal employee charged in September with stealing mail in the Southern
District of Illinois. Athens A. Shorey of Cobden, Illinois was indicted earlier in September with
taking mail from the Carbondale post office back in May.
(This story was originally published on September 28, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Indiana State Police partners with DEA for 19th “Drug Take Back Day”
- Police warn against falling for “ransom” phone scams
- Police investigating shots fired into an Evansville apartment with children inside
- McLean County man arrested after motorcycle pursuit
- Governor: Kentucky resumes COVID-19 surge preparations