CARBONDALE, Ill. (AP) — Congressman Mike Bost of Illinois has tested positive for the coronavirus, the latest lawmaker to confirm he has it.
The Republican from southern Illinois released a statement Friday saying he tested positive the night before and has experienced a mild cough and the loss of taste and smell.
Bost says he’ll quarantine and postpone his public schedule as he isolates. He says staff members he’s been in contact with will do the same.
His office says he’s also reaching out to constituents he’s met with in recent days. Bost says he’s consulted with the Capitol’s attending physician.
(This story was originally published on October 11, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Indiana State Police partners with DEA for 19th “Drug Take Back Day”
- Police warn against falling for “ransom” phone scams
- Police investigating shots fired into an Evansville apartment with children inside
- McLean County man arrested after motorcycle pursuit
- Governor: Kentucky resumes COVID-19 surge preparations