(WEHT)- A judge has sided with Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker after two churches sued the governor to allow in-person services.
The churches wanted to hold worship services with reduced seating and other social distancing measures. However, the judge says COVID-19 could still spread easily in a church and rejected a comparison between churches and grocery stores, adding that churches are more comparable to schools and movie theatres.
Church leaders plan to appeal the ruling
(This story was originally published on May 14, 2020)
- Indiana Little League baseball team holds first day of practice
- Food drive held at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Airports in India prepare to restart domestic flights
- Crowds gather at reopened Oregon winery
- Catholic masses resume in Evansville