CHICAGO (AP) — Road construction projects around Illinois are hitting pause during the Labor Day weekend, but drivers will still encounter lane closures in many places.
Illinois Department of Transportation officials ask travelers to pay attention to posted work zone speed limits and remain cautious. Delays are likely during the holiday weekend, and drivers can consider alternate routes to avoid work areas.
Details of ongoing construction are available through the Illinois Department of Transportation’s web site.
(This story was originally published on Sept. 5, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Authorities investigating after apparent murder suicide in Webster County
- Family mourning after loss due to COVID-19
- Congressman Brett Guthrie leads hearing on COVID-19 vaccine
- Brad Byrd InDEPTH: New COVID concerns
- KY Secretary of State: voters should have confidence in fall election