FRANKFORT, Ky (WEHT) Now that the Jefferson Davis statue has been removed from the Capitol Rotunda, a Kentucky congresswoman is calling for the next statue to be of a woman.
State Rep. Lisa Wilner, (D) Louisville, sent Gov. Andy Beshear a letter requesting the new statue. In addition, the Kentucky House Democratic Women’s Caucus is requesting that the Rotunda have a rotating educational display of women and people of color until a statue is ready to be installed.
(This story was originally published on June 22, 2020)
LATEST KENTUCKY NEWS:
- Three killed in shooting at restaurant in Louisville
- Gov. Andy Beshear announces second highest number of COVID cases since beginning of pandemic
- Ky. Derby winner Authentic works out in prep for Preakness
- Kentucky man arrested after girlfriend’s body found in bags
- Additional COVID-19 testing dates added for western Kentucky