FRANKFORT, Ky (WEHT) Now that the Jefferson Davis statue has been removed from the Capitol Rotunda, a Kentucky congresswoman is calling for the next statue to be of a woman.
State Rep. Lisa Wilner, (D) Louisville, sent Gov. Andy Beshear a letter requesting the new statue. In addition, the Kentucky House Democratic Women’s Caucus is requesting that the Rotunda have a rotating educational display of women and people of color until a statue is ready to be installed.
(This story was originally published on June 22, 2020)
LATEST KENTUCKY NEWS:
- New KY laws going into effect July 15
- Kentucky lawmakers, education officials discuss school reopenings
- Kentucky State Fair announces concert line-up
- Judge blocks Kentucky virus limits on racetracks, child care
- Changes to expired driver’s licenses in Kentucky