FRANKFORT, Ky (WEHT) After a federal judge declared Governor Andy Beshear’s travel ban unconstitutional, the governor made a revision he believes will satisfy the law.
The main difference between Beshear’s previous order and this one is an added phrase in the section that discusses the 14-day quarantine after traveling to another state. The phrase says,
“when as part of their normal life live in one state and work or deliver services in another state.”
A group of plaintiffs who attended a church service in Louisville had filed suit against Beshear, challenging the travel and mass gatherings bans.
(This story was originally published on May 7, 2020)
LATEST CORONAVIRUS WATCH NEWS:
- Cemeteries prepare for Memorial Day
- Coronavirus slams couple struggling to feed young daughter
- Memorial Day weekend draws crowds and triggers warnings
- WATCH: Health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 24
- Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker releases business guidelines ahead of new reopening phase