FRANKFORT, Ky (AP) — Kentucky Lt. Gov. Jacqueline Coleman has announced that a statue of Nettie Depp, an education reformer and Kentucky native, will be unveiled in the state Capitol next August.
Depp is the first woman to be honored in sculpture in the Capitol building. In the early 20th century, Depp was a school reformer and suffragist, as well as the first woman elected to public office in Barren County.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 6, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Showplace Entertainment Center partnering with local non-profits for the month of October
- Birdseye man arrested for threatening to “blow up” the Perry County Clerk’s Office
- Webster County football coach facing drug charges
- Military museum in Vincennes gets a new exhibit
- New information on Jackson St. arson