(WEHT)- Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear ordered all flags at state office buildings to be lowered to half-staff to honor civil rights activist and Congressman John Lewis. Lewis died Friday at the age of 80 years old.
Flags are due to remain at half-staff until sunset Saturday. Gov. Beshear encourages businesses, individuals, and organizations to join in the tribute to Rep. Lewis.
(This story was originally published on July 18, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Warrick Co school board approves hiring of additional teachers
- Habitat for Humanity Breaks Ground on St. Theresa Place
- Diocese of Evansville Catholic Education Office: Third student tests positive for COVID-19
- Dubois County COVID-19 cases surge with highest positivity rate in state
- LISTEN LIVE: EVSC School Board meeting