(WEHT)- As Kentuckians prepare to celebrate the unofficial start of summer over Memorial Day weekend, the Kentucky State Police is taking part in a national highway safety campaign.
The Crash Awareness and Reduction Effort (CARE) is a national program that will focus on traffic violations and impaired drivers.
2019 was the second busiest year ever for Memorial Day travel, with 43 million travelers according to AAA. Far fewer travelers are expected in 2020.
(This story was originally published on May 21, 2020)
- EPD: One injured in motorcycle wreck
- Gov. Andy Beshear announces second highest number of COVID cases since beginning of pandemic
- Homes burned as winds push California fire into desert floor
- Carpenters wow public with medieval techniques at Notre Dame
- GOP senators confront past comments on Supreme Court vote