(WEHT)- As Kentuckians prepare to celebrate the unofficial start of summer over Memorial Day weekend, the Kentucky State Police is taking part in a national highway safety campaign.
The Crash Awareness and Reduction Effort (CARE) is a national program that will focus on traffic violations and impaired drivers.
2019 was the second busiest year ever for Memorial Day travel, with 43 million travelers according to AAA. Far fewer travelers are expected in 2020.
(This story was originally published on May 21, 2020)
- Indiana Little League baseball team holds first day of practice
- Food drive held at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Airports in India prepare to restart domestic flights
- Crowds gather at reopened Oregon winery
- Catholic masses resume in Evansville